Comprehensive Eye Test
Eye Test Consultation
- Assessing any eye wear and lens care systems you currently use.
- Measuring your vision and the focusing ability of your eye.
- Determining if any eye wear is required and, if so, what prescription gives you the clearest and most comfortable vision possible.
- The correct optical correction, whether it is eye glasses, contact lenses or vision hygiene in today's digital age has become critical.
- Assessing your overall eye health, both inside and out, for conditions such as glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic related eye conditions and cataract.
This is where the eye test takes on a new dimension.
The Eye Practice has been at the forefront of eye testing technology since 1987, when we installed the first computerised visual field analyser.
Since then we have upgraded this very important instrument at least seven times.
The discovery of a scotoma (or a blind-spot) in the visual field is critical in diagnosing and managing both glaucoma and neurological conditions that affect the visual cortex and the optic nerve pathway.
In 2005 we introduced Optical Coherence Tomography, also known as OCT.
This technology was only used in large eye hospitals at the time.
Since then we have upgraded this magnificent instrument at least four times.
- More on eye test technology at The Eye Practice is discussed in our ABOUT section.
- Even though technology is important, expert optometrists and optical dispensers are even more important.
- Discussing our findings with you and making an specialist recommendation tailored to your eye health needs.
- If contact lenses are required our specialist Optometrists will help you choose lenses and a lens care system that will comfortably support your visual needs.
- If contact lenses are prescribed you will be taught how to insert and remove the contact lenses safely and how to clean and care for them correctly.
- If glasses are required our expert frame stylists will help you choose frames that suit your individual personality. We also will ensure that they fit comfortably and provide you with the clearest vision possible.
- Sometimes the best vision option is laser eye surgery. The Eye Practice has been referring patients for this eye procedure for more than 20 years. In 1996, Dr Jim Kokkinakis designed the first laser vision certification program for optometrists. He has since been lecturing ophthalmologists on how to visually manage any patients that might have a complication that leaves them with poor vision. Luckily this does not happen often.
- Occasionally an eye disease might be diagnosed. Even though this a scary time, it is still best to get this information as early as possible. The key here is eye disease management. Over the many years is managing eye diseases we have also aligned ourselves with world leading ophthalmologists, who we trust with our family members.
To achieve clear, comfortable vision, call The Eye Practice or make an appointment online. http://www.theeyepractice.com.au/book-eye-examination