13 reasons to choose The Eye Practice
The Eye Practice Optometrist in Sydney’s CBD is not just about prescribing glasses. We’re about comprehensive eye health and peace of mind.
When choosing an eye-care provider, keep the following points in mind:
- Glasses need to not only be accurately made, but also to look great. The face is the first thing we see when meeting someone. Wearing the right pair of glasses to a business meeting is just as important than wearing the right suit. The Eye Practice offers an exclusive range of premium eye wear brands and highly-trained staff to help you choose the best pair.
- At The Eye Practice, every patient gets a routine visual field test to check their peripheral vision. The letter chart only tests the central 2% of your vision. Many eye diseases such as glaucoma and neurological disease cannot be detected from reading the letter chart but will be picked up on a visual field test.
- Since 2005, The Eye Practice has offered Optical Coherence Tomography – or OCT – as part of your routine eye examination, which is the equivalent of an MRI scan, and maps all the layers of the eye. OCT allows the detection of problems under the surface of the retina, macula and optic nerve. A retinal image is not capable of this.
- At The Eye Practice, we routinely measure the central corneal thickness of all our patients using pachymetry. This has been shown to be a more effective marker for glaucoma than the intraocular pressure measurement taken routinely in most practices.
- We also routinely screen our patients for visual stress – one of the biggest contributors to eye strain. This is not something that is normally provided as part of a routine eye examination.
- All optometrists can test your eyes but our optometrists have done considerable extra training in pathology and ocular therapeutics that is not standard.
- If an eye condition is diagnosed, in most cases our optometrists are qualified to manage or treat it, without having to refer you to a GP or ophthalmologist.
- At The Eye Practice, we recognise that 70% of contact lens wearers ultimately fail to wear their lenses successfully. We avoid a one-size-fits-all approach and custom-fit the best possible lens to each individual.
- We deal from the simple to the most complex contact lens solutions, including lenses for eye diseases such as severe dry eyes, keratoconus, and after surgery such as corneal transplantation.
- The Eye Practice offers one of the most advanced Dry Eye practices in the Asia Pacific area, with state-of-the-art technology and techniques used to diagnose and treat various forms of dry eye, from mild to severely debilitating.
- We recognise that each person’s eye disease is unique to them and we take considerable time to listen to your story and develop a complete picture of your ocular and medical history. Many patients comment that is the first time they have been properly listened to.
- The Eye Practice goes to considerable lengths to source the highest quality products for our patients, from non-toxic eye-makeup for dry eye sufferers to premium eye masks for warm compresses. We have no hesitation in sourcing and offering the best product for the job.
- Providing the best possible product and service does not stop at our door. We work closely with the most experienced ophthalmologists in Sydney and interstate to provide a complete eyecare package for our patients. We also work closely with the best compounding pharmacies in Sydney to ensure your eyedrops are available to in a preservative-free formula.